Transforming Workplaces, Together
Transforming Workplaces, Together
Last Updated: 06/13/2023
Ratio Exchange, LLC (“Ratio Exchange,” “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website ratio.exchange or any of our other websites, webpages or Instances (as defined below) (collectively, our “Website”), or when you otherwise interact with or use our software, applications, exchange, platform, or web-based services (such items and services, together with our Website, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
1.1 Ratio Exchange Ecosystem.
b) Ecosystem Sharing. Each Instance Operator has the option to allow its users to access different Instances within the Exchange. Consequently, even though you register with one Instance, your information and User Contributions (as defined below) within one Instance may become visible to users in another Instance. Similarly, you may be able to access information within other Instances than the one you registered for.
1.2 This policy applies to information we collect:
· On the Website and through your use of the Services.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website, through the Services, and otherwise between you and the Company.
· Through our mobile applications, if any.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if any, and if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
1.3 It does not apply to information collected by:
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
2. Users 18 and Older.
Our Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual who is under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
That you post on the Website or that you transmit or otherwise make available through the Services; and/or
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, how you use the Website, as well as other usage details.
We collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
From third parties, for example, advertisers, business partners, and other users of the Services.
3.1 Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through your use of the Services may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to or using our Services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us about the Services and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your activities on the Website and use of the Services including, without limitation, search queries, communications with other users, content you provide, applications used, and databases accessed.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). As we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
To present our Website and its contents to you.
To make the Services available to you.
To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide.
To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and the Services.
To monitor usage and analyze statistical information related to the Website and the Services.
To provide you with information about your use of the Services in response to your request.
To respond to your comments, questions, and requests.
In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ratio Exchange’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ratio Exchange about users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ratio Exchange, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information that is contained in your account information by visiting the Website and logging into your account.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note that it may not be possible to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
For example, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
· Confirm whether we process their personal information.
· Access and delete certain personal information.
· Data portability.
· Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
· Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
· Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights that apply to you, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that the laws of a particular state may not apply to you or the Company depending on a variety of circumstances. For example, some privacy laws may apply only to personal consumer or household uses whereas the Website is for business and commercial purposes. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to protect your information. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
10. Applicability of Policy
Given that the Internet allows users from around the world to visit the Website, not all provisions of this policy may apply to every visitor or user of the Website. The applicability of certain provisions may depend on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, in which country or state the visitor resides and which laws and regulations apply to the Company. Accordingly, the Company reserves the right to disclaim the applicability of any provisions in this policy if the Company is not actually subject to and required to comply with the particular law which the provision is meant to address.
11. Contact Information